When is it Time to Get a New Roof?
A new roof can be a costly roofing project and it is a good idea to be fully informed about the condition of your roof before considering a roof replacement. If you have never worked for a roofing company or if you don’t have roofing skills, you may not be aware of the fact that your roof is not in top condition. Usually roof inspections will be useful for the average building to make sure a roof is in good condition. Preventative maintenance on any roof will always benefit. If it is getting older, roof repair may extend the life of it rather than investing in an entirely new roof. A leak in a roof may not necessarily mean a costly roofing project is needed. The average life of a roof is between 20 and 25 years. Keep in mind, there will be many factors to consider prior to getting a total roof replacement. There are several signs to let you know that a new roof might be needed in the future. Before you determine if you need to invest into a new roof, it is a good idea to inquire with a professional Roofing Contractor or company in order to have a clear picture of your roof needs. Is it time to get a new roof? You can start by looking for some signs that will alert you that you might need to replace your roof.
These are some signs to alert you that a roof replacement may be necessary. A qualified roofer or contractor
Signs that a Roof Replacement is Needed
There are some clear signs that any home or business owner can look for in order to determine that a roof replacement is needed. The following signs will let you know that your roof may need to be replaced:
* your roof appears worn and old; usually the appearance of your roof will alert you to the fact that it may need replacing. There may be dark streaks or various other airborne streaks or even moss growth on the top of your roof. Keep in mind, moss can hold moisture on the surface of your roof and can damage the top of your shingles. It can even grow back if you have brushed i off. Moss can pose several issues to a roof because it can damage the surface of the shingles
* your neighbors are getting new roofs; Keep in mind, any homes in a neighborhood may have been built in the same time period. Every home in a neighborhood will experience the same weather conditions and if your neighbors need new roofs, your roof might need to be replaced too
* if your roof is 20 years old or older; all shingles are made for durability. A roof will usually last for at least 20 years and replacement may be needed
* if your roof appear to be drooping; any roof that is drooping or sagging may be rotting. Trapped moisture can lead to the rotting of your roof. Any sagging areas will be a clear sign that your roof is in need of immediate attention
* any noticeable leaking; any obvious dark streaks of leaking or any type of water damage on the ceilings or other interior walls can alert you that your roof needs to be replaced
* any noticeable rotting; it is not uncommon for asphalt roofs and wooden roofs to have some rotting with age. Any rotting tiles, broken tiles and missing tiles on your roof
These are some signs to look for if you are considering having a total roof replacement done on your home or business. Qualified roofers will have the ability to provide useful roofing services.
Getting Started: Roof Replacement Simplified
If your roof is beyond the average repairs and a total replacement is needed, you will need to hire the right contractor for the job and you will want to use high quality materials. The old roof will need to be removed and inspected. The entire roof surface will need to be prepared and ready for the job. This type of job can be completed, by professionals, in a few days. It will depend on the size of the roof. The weather conditions will need to be considered prior to scheduling your roof replacement project. A quality roof replacement is not a complicated project for the professionals. Some insurance policies may cover the cost of a roof replacement. Most homeowners will hire professionals for this type of job because of the safety issues that may come with this type of project. This is not usually a DIY type of project.